Puget Sound Quality Specialists (PSQS) was founded in 2010 at the request of local area seafood industry companies who recognized a gap in the market and a need for accurate, timely and independent inspection services. PSQS’s core competencies include independent, 3rd party inspection for quality, food safety, lot inspection and product verification, and consulting for a broad range of food and seafood products & processes. We offer an extensive range of inspection, microbiological, analytical and consulting services.
PSQS fosters a workplace environment in which dedication, collaboration, and professionalism are recognized and rewarded so as to promote a sense of pride, accomplishment and overall empowering of employees.
Our core values seek to ensure:
• Consistent procedures and methods executed with integrity and honesty throughout our organization.
• A distinctive culture that attracts and retains exceptional people.
• An organization where integrity, confidentiality, and accuracy are the cornerstones of each project.
The Seafood Inspector position is a full-time position
Position Summary Purpose: In coordination with company management performs sampling, testing, seafood inspection, and report writing in accordance with regulatory, client, third-party and/or Puget Sound Quality Specialists standards (PSQS). Provides primary support through product inspection and related activities.
• This position provides primary support through the maintenance and operation of the inspection laboratory and office administration (sampling, inspection, record keeping, reporting, cleaning/sanitation, inventory and other administrative functions) including client support, work scheduling, sample pick-up, sample inventory, sample inventory management and other duties or special projects as assigned.
• Duties include:
o Inspection and testing within PSQS and/or other, outside independent testing laboratories
o Data recording, data entry, report writing
o Cleaning of Laboratory, Office Area & Equipment
o Sample Inventory & Inventory Maintenance
• Minimum of four (4) years seafood production and/or QA or other relevant experience with multiple species and product forms
• Able to follow written procedures
• Inspection experience in a laboratory and/or other food manufacturing environment
• Good written and verbal communication skills, excellent organizational skills
• Proficiency with Microsoft Office Suite of products (Word, Excel, Outlook, Access, PowerPoint) in developing professional documentation, spreadsheets and presentations for distribution
• Valid Driver’s License
• Ability to work independently and as part of a team, maintain flexibility at all times, able to multi-task, organized and detail oriented, self-motivated, honest, reliable
• Capable of lifting 60 pounds on a routine basis
• Extensive Physical Effort
• Ability to stand for long periods of time
• Ability to travel by plane or automobile as needed
• Possibility of mandatory overtime during busy periods
• Work is performed in a cool, wet laboratory environment (may be cold & wet)
• Must be able to work in other cool or wet environments, including outdoors
• Smoke free work environment
• Multi-tasking environment
The Seafood Inspector position is a full-time position based in Seattle, WA with great benefits and compensation that include:
• Company Sponsored Medical, Dental, Vision
• Vacation Pay
• Sick Leave
• Holiday Pay
• Company sponsored cell phone/data plan
• Competitive Pay (pay based on experience & performance)
• Discretionary Bonus
To apply: Please send your resume or curriculum vitae to email@example.com for consideration.