Charlie’s Produce - Who We Are
Charlie's Produce is a privately owned wholesale produce company. We are the largest privately owned produce wholesaler on the West Coast, with distribution centers in Seattle, Spokane, Portland, Anchorage, Boise, Los Angeles and Salt Lake City. The secret to our 40+ years of success in this industry is PEOPLE! We strive to hire the best and we reward them with a working environment that fosters loyalty, stability, innovation, and growth.
Rogge is the grocery division of Charlie’s Produce, which has been provisioning companies and vessels throughout Alaska for over seventy years. Rogge has built a reputation for providing outstanding customer service and has developed unparalleled expertise in product selection and handling for remote markets.
Outside Sales Representative is responsible to maintain and prospect marine and commercial fishing industry customers who purchase food service products for their businesses. This position requires cold-calling on commercial accounts in the field to generate new permanent sales. The main focus is to help Rogge customers succeed while achieving sales and profit goals established by the company. This position often requires working non-traditional hours (evenings, weekends and holidays) in order to successfully meet customers’ needs.
Essential Responsibilities Include, but Not Limited To
• Answer customers’ questions about products, prices, availability and product uses.
• Troubleshoot any problems that occur during the order process (for example, out of stock items, special order items, etc.)
• Meeting all company and sales profit objectives
• Make presentations of profitable programs to potential and existing customers.
• Pricing strategies—developing price/order guides
• Notify and assist buyers, operations and sales support persons by communication of customer's needs and preferences.
• Maintain effective, professional relationships with retailers, vendors, and fellow employees.
• Attend all sales meetings and appointments, (be on time, punctual).
• Responsible for individual accounts sales and gross profit.
• Make sure all orders are submitted before scheduled cut off times.
• Responsible for processing and turning in credit memos and other job related paperwork within the set time lines.
• Customer/Client Focus
• Problem Solving Analysis
• Time Management
• Communication Proficiency
• Teamwork Orientation
• Technical Capacity
Charlie’s Produce Total Compensation Package includes:
• Competitive starting pay
• Yearly review with potential performance based increase
• We recognize and reward hard work and commitment. Supplemental retirement plan through our Employee Stock Ownership Plan (ESOP)
• Robust employee assistance program (EAP)
• Employer-covered College Program
• Paid Sick and Safe Leave
• 401(k) available
• Timely and accurate with paperwork, figures, attentive to detail, and have good follow-through, excellent phone skills, PC skills (Outlook, Word, Excel, Power Point).
• Must be flexible and able to deal with a variety of details simultaneously.
• Must have proven problem-solving skills.
• Must be skilled in time management and be capable of meeting work schedule deadlines.
• Must have demonstrated excellent written, verbal and oral presentation skills.
• Must have an excellent work record with references from current and/or previous employers.
• Ability to plan, organize, implement, and follow through on projects.
• Self-starter with team approach attitude.
• Must have own reliable vehicle and proof of insurance.
• Ability to travel out of state to visit customers.
Please apply online
Job ID 2022-4400 – Outside Sales – Food Service