Global Support Documentation and Logistics Specialist - Trident Seafoods
Trident Seafoods was founded over 40 years ago and we are proud to have grown to be the largest vertically integrated seafood company in North America. We are a family-owned company with over 9,000 employees worldwide. Trident Seafoods is based out of Seattle, but has processing plants across the United States, Europe, Japan, and China. The real heartbeat of Trident Seafoods, however, is its access to the natural resources in the remote coastal communities of Alaska. We have a unique heritage, talented employees and a company culture founded on the “can do” spirit. Trident believes that our employees are the most foremost reason for our success, allowing us to be the leader in the Seafood industry.
The Global Support Documentation and Logistics Specialist will facilitate issuance of sales contracts, sales orders, transfer orders, movement of cargo and appropriate export documentation while protecting the title during export trade.
• Issues sales contracts according to department guidelines.
• Communicates with Alaska plants as well as local and foreign cold storages regarding unloading/loading instructions, labeling, and timing requirements.
• Supports external and internal customer communication and problem solving.
• Initiates cargo booking and communicates shipment timing to customer.
• Confirms documentation requirements and plans to make necessary documentation deadlines. Work with carrier, USDC, Chamber of Commerce, etc. to produce necessary documents within timeframe.
• Monitor incoming payments to prevent additional expense to the company, related to cold-storage and demurrage.
• Present documents under Letter of Credit and documentary collection as necessary. In cases where full payment is pending during transit, ensure that title is protected until full payment is in hand.
• Complete all order entry and invoicing processes required by ERP sales and inventory system, BluJay Traffic Management System
• Supports foreign offices and sales people as required
• Participates in coverage for and training of other team members as needed.
• Provides back-up coverage to reception staff as necessary.
• Performs other similar or related duties as requested or assigned.
• Acquires knowledge of Trident’s Environmental and Safety Policies by completing required training programs and performing designated work activities in accordance with training and procedures/work instructions
• Notifies designated personnel of any environmental or safety incidents or risks not previously documented, in accordance with Environmental Awareness and/or safety trainings
• Previous knowledge and understanding of importing/exporting, logistics and shipping.
• Previous Seafood, CPG and supply chain experience a plus.
• Prior experience with ERP systems (JDE/SAP) a plus.
• Excellent customer service skills
• Ability to meet multiple tasks/projects deadlines with changing priorities while maintaining a professional attitude.
• Proficiency in Office Suite (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Outlook) is required.
• Multi-lingual is a plus.
• Associate in Arts degree (A.A) or higher; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
• Strong written communication & verbal communication skills.
• Ability to read and comprehend simple instructions, short correspondence, and memos.
• Ability to write simple correspondence.
• Ability to effectively present information in one-on-one and small group situations to customers, clients, and other employees of the organization.
• Problem-solving: Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out detailed written or oral instructions.
• Additional skills & qualifications organization, time management, attention to detail and ability to work independently.
Trident Seafoods is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, age and genetic information.
Trident Seafoods has adopted a zero-tolerance and drug-free workplace policy. Pre-employment drug examinations are required for all employees.
Any employment offer from Trident Seafoods is contingent upon the candidate maintaining valid immigration status and work authorization throughout employment, without any need for immigration sponsorship by the company.