Job Description – Executive Administrator: The Executive Administrator (EA) will be shared
between AFDF and the Association of Genuine Alaska Pollock Producers (GAPP). The EA will
assist the AFDF Executive Director approximately 75% FT and the GAPP ED approximately 25%
FT. This position will assist with event planning, Board management, membership
communications, and other tasks to support AFDF and GAPP programs. Some travel will be
required. Position will ideally be located in Alaska, however, other locations may be
General characteristics of the ideal candidate include:
Self-starter, positive attitude, experience in administrative support and event planning, strong
writing skills, ability to work independently, excellent time management skills and attention to
Specific GAPP Responsibilities (approximately 25% of position time):
• Provide administrative support to GAPP including ordering and inventorying office
supplies, "swag" and other items; replying to mail and other inquiries; triaging messages
and assisting with scheduling.
• Assist in basic membership services including invoicing, providing membership benefits,
tracking members and associate members and assisting with outreach activities.
• Provide event planning and coordination services for four annual board meetings, one
annual meeting, one annual holiday party, and other smaller events and meetings, both
in-person and in virtual/hybrid formats.
• Assist in travel arrangements, expense submission and verifying/documenting credit
• Comfort in working with software packages such as QuickBooks, Center, OnBoard,
Bill.com, Box, Zoom Meetings, and others.
• Other support duties as assigned to support a 2-person FTE staff, interns, and dynamic
• Track time associated with GAPP activities for billing purposes.
Specific AFDF Responsibilities (approximately 75% of position time):
Provide membership support: contact AFDF members annually to update membership
level; provide membership packet, including certification and outreach materials from
programs; publish quarterly AFDF newsletter for membership and others; organize annual
membership meeting during which Board elections occur.
Provide real-time communications and outreach regarding AFDF programs by updating the
following information sources: website, FB page and other social media, as identified.
Work with DD and ED to implement communications strategy to support membership
Work with ED, DD and Symphony contractor to expand promotions of events and winners.
Provide support to the ED; work collaboratively with other AFDF staff and contractors.
Provide support to AFDF’s semi-annual in-person Board meetings; organize venue, contact
Board members to set date/time/quorum, create and distribute Board meeting materials
in a timely manner, take minutes for distribution and adoption at next Board meeting.
Other tasks as designated by the ED.
• Bachelor’s degree or relevant work experience
• Strong communication skills (written and oral)
• Strong ability to work as a productive team member
• Strong personal passion for AFDF’s mission
• Experience working with non-profits and Boards
• Experience using Office suite (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook)
• Experience with event planning
• Knowledge of the Alaska seafood industry
• Knowledge of coastal communities in Alaska
Compensation: $50,000-55,000 depending upon experience, plus benefits including $6,000
health insurance reimbursement
Application materials for position:
• Cover letter (note which job for which you are applying)
• Contact information for three or more professional references
Deadline: Applications will be accepted until the positions are filled.
Submit questions and materials to:
Julie Decker, Executive Director
PO Box 2223, Wrangell, AK 99929