Position Title: VA Sales and Logistics Coordinator
Reports to: President and Vice President – Value Added Division
FSLA Status: Non-Exempt
Date Approved: August 2021
The Sales and Logistics Coordinator will support the value-added sales team with various administrative tasks to help facilitate and execute all incoming Purchase Orders. This position requires excellent attendance, a high degree of accuracy and the ability to adapt to changes quickly
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
Sales and Marketing
• Communicate with Brokers and Customers.
• Discuss products offered and ensure customer satisfaction
• Responds to e-mails and handle incoming phone calls.
• Monitors incoming Purchase Orders received via Fax or EDI
• Enter sales orders into Microsoft Dynamics NAV software
• Work with Production Manager to produce inventory
• Oversee the Sales Orders through various Work Flows processes in Microsoft Dynamics
• Be available for offsite meetings, appointments and errands (Own transportation).
• Help execute Marketing and Advertising campaigns including social media
• Assist with all Marketing Materials and Trade Shows
• Facilitate with sending samples directly to customers
• Coordinate Logistics of sales orders
• Work with Trucking Companies to coordinate pickups and deliveries
• Manage and negotiate trucking rates
• Communicate with Cold Storage Warehouses
• Assist in coordinating the cold storage releases and tracking delivery of goods.
• Establishes and maintains effective and positive relationships with customers and fellow employees contributing to overall company success.
• Maintains a reputation for honesty, confidentiality, reliability and fairness.
• Performs work with energy and drive; values planning, but will take quick, decisive action when an opportunity presents itself.
• Ability to think "outside the box" and is seen as original and value-added in brainstorming ideas.
• Reacts quickly to changes and thinks on their feet.
• Collaborates positively to achieve team and company objectives.
Employment Skill Requirements:
• Prior experience in a business office environment or Administrative experience is preferred.
• Skilled in Microsoft Office – Outlook, Excel, PowerPoint and Word Document
• Experience with Social Media, Facebook, Instagram, Twitter & Pinterest.
• Must show ability to be detail oriented and work with high degree of accuracy, as well as proven strong problem solving skills.
• Employee must possess strong written and verbal communication skills.
• Strong candidates will have skills in multi-tasking and ability to prioritize.
• Ability to effectively present information in one-on-one and small group situations to customers, clients, and other employees of the organization.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to this classification. They are not to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills required of personnel so classified. All personnel may be required to perform duties outside of their normal responsibilities from time to time, as needed.