Marine Stewardship Council
Job Title: US Senior Marketing Manager
Location: Seattle, WA
Working Hours: FT
The Marine Stewardship Council (MSC), a global non-profit organization, is seeking a US Senior Marketing Manager. The position is based in our Seattle office.
The Marine Stewardship Council (MSC) is an international non-profit organization established to address the problem of unsustainable fishing and safeguard seafood supplies for the future.
Our vision is for the world’s oceans to be teeming with life – today, tomorrow and for generations to come. A sustainable seafood market is crucial to making this vision a reality.
We use our blue MSC label and fishery certification program to contribute to the health of the world’s oceans. We want to transform the seafood market by recognizing and rewarding sustainable fishing practices and influencing the choices people make when buying seafood.
We work with fisheries and businesses around the world to achieve this mission.
US Senior Marketing Manager
We are seeking an experienced and dynamic leader to drive MSC’s marketing activities in the US, promoting and enhancing the organization’s public profile and partner engagement.
Reporting to the US Program Director, you will also work closely with the Global Communications and Marketing team in London. Collaboration with the MSC’s US fishery, commercial and NGO partners will see you devise and coordinate strategies and campaigns that help raise awareness and understanding of the MSC and grow participation in, and support for, the MSC program in the US.
If you have a passion for securing a sustainable future for our oceans’ wild fish, and a desire to drive best-in-class marketing, this is the job for you!
Lead the development and implementation of MSC US’s marketing strategy and action plan, that serves to build and maintain the organization’s credibility, profile and value proposition.
• Develop and direct measurable multi-channel, multi-partner promotional and marketing campaigns, working closely with MSC commercial team, global marketing colleagues and industry counterparts.
• Maximize direct and leveraged marketing opportunities, working closely with the MSC commercial team, global marketing colleagues and industry counterparts.
• Provide advice and counsel to the US Program Director, Americas Regional Director and US team on marketing strategic direction and all marketing opportunities and activities.
• Develop and implement public relations and communication plans, seeking high-level placements in print, broadcast and online media.
• In collaboration with the MSC US Senior PR Manager, support efforts to ensure MSC provides consistent, proactive, positive communications that are tailored to the needs and interests of target audiences, and that support the MSC’s goals.
With a strong background in leading the development, delivery and measurement of marketing strategies and campaigns, this role will build the MSC’s external voice in the US market.
Technical skills and experience
• Advanced degree or equivalent experience, preferably in a marketing discipline.
• 10+ years of experience in a similar role, preferably with responsibility for managing and/or operating promotions and marketing campaigns with multiple partners or similar.
• Extensive knowledge and practical experience of brand, marketing, creative and communications industries, with existing contacts and networks highly desirable.
• Extensive experience in developing and delivering innovative and integrated campaigns across the full range of communications channels, including all forms of electronic media. Some knowledge and experience of public awareness campaigning is desirable.
• Experience of delivering marketing and communications focused on environmental and sustainability issues an advantage. Knowledge of third party certification schemes and the role of eco-labelling an advantage.
For the full Job Description and Organizational Chart visit our website at: www.msc.org.
This position will be based in Seattle, WA.
To apply, please send a cover letter and resume to:
MSC Americas Region
5030 1st Avenue South
Seattle, WA 98134
Applications must be received by Monday, July 10, 2017 5pm PST. Anticipated work start date is August 2017.