Job Title: Senior Buyer
Reports To: Purchasing Manager
FLSA Status: Exempt
Manage inventory levels and costing of all items responsible for procuring. Coordinate logistics for inbound freight and provide guidance to other buyers and inventory control. Obtain seafood products which meet or exceed company specifications at the lowest legal cost.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
Duties include but not limited to:
• Be a role model in projecting and applying The Pacific Group Diamond Philosophy (Productivity, Quality, Excellence and Teamwork) and promote teamwork at all times.
• Attend daily inventory meetings and provide timely follow-up on all actionable items related to Purchasing.
• Oversee and take lead on daily Purchasing interactions with Operations, Sales and Transportation
• Provide direction and guidance to other Purchasing team members in regards to vendor negotiations, logistical challenges and pricing strategies
• Champion the movement of slow or dead stock items with the Sales team
• Assist Purchasing Manager with quarterly reporting and financial analysis
• Manage and procure stock items assigned.
• Manage and communicate new and discontinued items, changes in product and packaging technologies.
• Work with sales team to understand market conditions, analyze competitive market activity, and assist in the development of sales and market plans.
• Maintain cost fields in AS400 for stock and fillet items.
• Develop seasonal and annual merchandising programs.
• Develop weekly sales forecast with sales management and purchase product to ensure stock and inventory requirements are achieved.
• Understand and use supplier lead times to maximize the company's advantages in the marketplace.
• Ensure that product transport carriers adhere to committed schedules for delivery and that carriers follow warehouse receiving schedule requirements.
• Prepare PO's for receiving each day and supply to the Lead Receiver attaching transportation instructions.
• Respond to Sales requests for research/source new products from the sales personnel.
• Utilization of Product Request Form.
• Print and distribute daily fresh product information sheet.
• Track freight and confirm PO’s for inbound shipments.
• Cross train with buyers and inventory control to help provide vacation coverage.
• Update and bid on sheets.
• Handle various accounts in sales.
• Perform other duties, as assigned.
The requirements listed below are representative of the qualifications necessary to successfully perform the job.
A. Education and Experience
• Minimum of five years related experience and/or training.
• Prior experience in the seafood industry.
• Bachelor’s degree in a related field from an accredited college or university.
B. Certificates, Licenses, Registrations or Other Requirements
C. Other Knowledge, Skills or Abilities Required
• Strong Computer skills in MS Office Suite, primarily Word and Excel.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by a team member to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. While performing the duties of this job, the team member is:
• Sedentary work, walking and standing are required only occasionally.
Exerting up to 10 pounds of force occasionally and/or negligible amount of force frequently or constantly to lift, carry, push, pull or otherwise move objects, including the human body.
• Reaching. Extending hand(s) and arm(s) in any direction.
• Fingering. Picking, pinching, typing or otherwise working, primarily with fingers rather than with the whole hand as in handling.
• Grasping. Applying pressure to an object with the fingers and palm.
• Talking. Expressing or exchanging ideas by means of the spoken word. Those activities in which they must convey detailed or important spoken instructions to other workers accurately, loudly, or quickly.
• Hearing. Perceiving the nature of sounds at normal speaking levels with or without correction. Ability to receive detailed information through oral communication, and to make the discriminations in sound.
• Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus.
• Repetitive motion. Substantial movements (motions) of the wrists, hands, and/or fingers.
• Occasionally required to lift and/or move up to 25 pounds.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those a team member encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. While performing the duties of this Job, the team member is exposed to:
• Work in an office setting.
• Work around standard office and PC equipment.
• Quiet noise level.
To perform the job successfully, an individual should demonstrate the following competencies:
Functional Expertise: Possesses conceptual and practical expertise in own discipline and basic knowledge of related disciplines.
Customer Focus: Build customer confidence by ensuring expectations and commitments are met. Establishes and maintains effective and positive relationship with external customers. Acts with customers in mind, and values the importance of providing high-quality customer service.
Getting results: Consistently meets desired outcomes; performs work with energy and drive; values planning, but will take quick, decisive actions when an opportunity presents itself.
Problem Solving: Ability to solve complex problems; takes a new perspective on existing solutions; exercises judgment based on the analysis of the multiple sources of information.
Leadership: Ability to act as a resource for colleagues with less experience; may lead small projects with manageable risks and resource requirements.
Pacific Seafood University Required Training
• First Ninety Days (Welcome to the Team, Diamond Philosophy, The Key Principles, and Star Method of Feedback and EAP)
• Safe Lifting
• Industrial Ergonomics
• Slips, Trips, Falls
• Safety Orientation
• Computer Work Station Safety
• Preventative Stretching
The above statements are not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skill required of personnel so classified. I fully understand the contents of this job description, have had the opportunity to ask questions regarding this job description, and have had the job duties, physical demands, and working conditions explained to me. I understand Pacific Seafood Group is an equal opportunity employer and that is job description is not a contract of employment. Its purpose is to define, though not exhaustively, the essential functions of the job. Management retains the discretion to add to or change the duties of the position at any time.
If interested in this position, please contact Brent White - 425-740-5175 or email@example.com