Reports to: Sales Manager Department: Sales
Exempt/Non-Exempt Status: Exempt Grade Level:
Job Title Description: Rogge Sales Representative Division: Seattle, WA
Outside Sales Representative is responsible to maintain and prospect marine and commercial fishing industry customers who purchase food service products for their businesses. This position requires cold-calling on commercial accounts in the field to generate new permanent sales. The main focus is to help Rogge customers succeed while achieving sales and profit goals established by the company. This position often requires working non-traditional hours (evening, weekends and holidays) in order to successfully meet customers’ needs.
High school diploma/GED, or 5 years foodservice sales experience
1. Timely and accurate with paperwork, figures, attentive to detail, and have good follow-through, excellent phone skills, PC skills (Outlook, Word, Excel, Power Point).
2. Must be flexible and able to deal with a variety of details simultaneously.
3. Must have proven problem-solving skills.
4. Must be skilled in time management and be capable of meeting work schedule deadlines.
5. Must have demonstrated excellent written, verbal and oral presentation skills.
6. Must have an excellent work record with references from current and/or previous employers.
7. Ability to plan, organize, implement, and follow through on projects.
8. Self-starter with team approach attitude.
9. Must have own reliable vehicle and proof of insurance.
10. Ability to travel out of state to visit customers.
1. Answer customers’ questions about products, prices, availability and product uses.
2. Troubleshoot any problems that occur during the order process (for example, out of stock items, special order items, etc.)
3. Meeting all company and sales profit objectives
4. Make presentations of profitable programs to potential and existing customers.
5. Pricing strategies—developing price/order guides
6. Notify and assist buyers, operations and sales support persons by communication of customer's needs and preferences.
7. Maintain effective, professional relationships with retailers, vendors, and fellow employees.
8. Attend all sales meetings and appointments, (be on time, punctual).
9. Responsible for individual accounts sales and gross profit.
10. Make sure all orders are submitted before scheduled cut off times.
11. Responsible for processing and turning in credit memos and other job related paperwork within the set time lines.