QA Manager Opening - Fish Distribution Company, located in Redmond, WA
The Quality Assurance Manager will administer the quality assurance program for WUFCO dba Annasea Foods Group. Overall responsibility includes ensuring product quality integrity and plant sanitation conformance from raw material receiving to finished product shipment. The Quality Assurance Manager will oversee Quality Department and QA Techs who are responsible for various areas of the plant. QA Manager will ensure plant design, operation, and personnel practices are compliant with GMP's, State & Federal requirements, SQF and Thermal Processing standards.
• Monitor plant sanitation and employee practices to ensure compliance with State & Federal regulations, customer requirements and third-party audit standards.
• Supervise and monitor QA technicians in observing/measuring/recording metrics associated with the production process, with emphasis on CCP monitoring throughout the plant.
• Ensure product conformance to internal product specifications and customer specifications.
• Position is responsible for conformance to third-party audit standards like BRC, which will include advanced preparation and training for annual third-party audit. At a minimum this will include review/preparation of policies & procedures, monitoring records, training records, and all other disciplines contained within the audits.
• Administer quality/safety training and orientation with all employees.
• Work with all departments to accomplish work lists and plant upgrades.
• Maintain QA inventories, product record and order supplies as required.
• This position will provide tours to all regulatory agencies as part of annual inspections.
• Other duties as assigned.
• Candidate must have at least 3 years of Quality Assurance experience. Seafood processing, especially related to salmon, tuna and other exotic fish.
• Shall have prior experience with implementation of BRC &/or SQF Audit Standard,
• HACCP, Better Process Control School and SQF certifications or the ability to obtain them is required.
• Proficiency in record keeping, organization, math skills and communication skills are essential.
• Able to manage, train and guide hourly and salary employees.
• Must always be professional and represent the company with the highest standards.
Office environment and when in production area in a wet, cold environment. There are areas within the plant that contain moving and loud machinery, PPE and other safety and protective equipment is required.
This is a full time, salary exempt manager position. Salary will depend on experience and certifications.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer. We consider applicants for all positions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, citizenship status, age, marital or veteran status, disability, genetic information, or any other legally protected status under applicable federal or state law.
You can apply by sending an email with your resume to: firstname.lastname@example.org