Job Title: Production Manager
FLSA Classification: Exempt
Position Type: Full-Time
Reports To: Operations and Plant Manager
Date: October 25, 2021
Responsible for all production aspects of the facility including coordination and setup of seasonal schemes, product quality, hiring/training & management of production employees, facility and personnel safety. Following and communicating the goals, facility GMP, BMP plans.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential function satisfactorily. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
• Supervise processing staff, assigning work tasks, training, mentoring and responding to questions pertaining to production processes and equipment operation.
• Prepares work schedules and communicates daily staffing needs and schedule.
• Monitors and expedites flow of materials within production area and makes adjustments when necessary.
• Maintains product workflow records.
• Notifies maintenance workers of equipment malfunctions.
• Assures compliance with all safety, quality and production practices.
• Trains workers on equipment operation and in processing and safety procedures.
• Communicates with supervisors and management any problems and concerns.
• Directs production activities associated with handling and processing of all seafood products. Halibut, Black Cod, Rockfish, Herring, Salmon and Salmon Roe, Shrimp, Dungeness, Tanner, and King Crab. Unloading, processing, freezing, packaging, storing and shipping.
Required Education & Experience:
• High school diploma or GED.
• 3-4 years of experience in managing seafood processing and production preferred.
• HACCP certification preferred
• Must be fully Covid-19 vaccinated.
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities
• Demonstrated knowledge of seafood business
• Outstanding communication and customer service skills
• Working knowledge of MS office (email, word, excel, etc)
• Good organizational skills, including multi-tasking.
• Ability to problem solve with best solution results
• Capabilities to manage multiple priorities and tasks concurrently and meet deadlines
Please send resume to Ellen Clothier at firstname.lastname@example.org