Production Manager Alyeska Plant
Role and Responsibilities
The primary responsibility of this position is, but not limited to, the following: Responsible for direction, assigning, supervising, and coordination of processing in fish production plant.
The production manager is responsible for the day-to-day operations of the production department. This includes the scheduling of fishing vessels, crew schedules, production priorities, supervision of the production crew, and the procurement of packaging materials. This position will work closely with the Deputy Manager, The Quality Control Department, and the Engineering staff. On occasions, when the Plant Manager is off-site, this position will assume the responsibilities of the Plant Manager. This position is responsible for the supervision of production supervisors and production staff engaged in fish processing.
This position requires considerable contact with production staff, production supervisors, fishing fleet, engineering staff, Plant Manager, substantial contact with management personnel, office personnel, fishing vessel fleet skippers and crews delivering to Alyeska Seafoods.
SPECIFIC JOB DUTIES INCLUDE:
· Trains, develops, advises, assigns work, evaluates, and when necessary disciplines subordinate personnel. Schedules and assures adequate staff coverage is provided. Responsible for defining staffing needs for upcoming seasons. Works closely with the Plant Manager and HR to process PTO requests and the scheduling of send-ups and layoff.
· Assist in the daily communication with fishing vessels for scheduled delivery times.
· Formulates long and short-term goals and plans for areas of responsibility for the production plant; responsible for plant production goals.
· Develops and recommends policies and procedures in conjunction with staff for the production plant, and provides overall direction necessary to ensure its effective and efficient operation.
· Directs, establishes, and coordinates production plant operations with company policies and procedures and applicable fishery regulations.
· Maintains a clean and safe production plant with effective safety procedures. Works closely with the Safety Dept. to ensure the plant complies with all local, state and federal regulations.
· Work closely with the Plant Manager in daily operations to ensure compliance with all Quality Control compliance in all areas of processing.
· Works with management to determine and implement production standards and is responsible for product quality for the plant.
· Responsible for preparation and establishing all shift production schedules; fosters a well-trained and motivated staff.
· Confers with management staff to ensure coordination of purchasing, production, shipping, oversees selection and purchase of ingredients, and maintains materials and fiber inventory from suppliers.
· Selects and trains plant production supervisors and production staff, participates in training sessions and meetings relating to areas of assigned responsibility.
· Coordinates and conducts employee performance reviews.
· Reports personnel issues to Administration, assists in decisions regarding hiring and firing of production staff.
· Works closely with Human Resources to ensure all payroll and personnel paperwork is accurately completed in a timely manner.
· Performs other related business and miscellaneous duties as assigned by immediate supervisor or other company official.
Qualifications and Education Requirements
· Training and Experience: Completion of two (2) years college program in food engineering, biological sciences or a related field, or three (3) years of preferred or equivalent supervisor work experience that is related to duties and responsibilities specified.
· Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities: Requires working knowledge of fish plant production, significant Surimi, Pollock fillet, Cod, Crab and seafood production knowledge as well as advanced interpersonal and supervisory skills.
· Requires ability to effectively supervise subordinate personnel, manage departmental workload, and communicate well with others.
· Requires skills related to working conditions in a production environment and skills in use of a computer terminal, calculator and other office equipment. Work may involve lifting materials and product up to 50 pounds.
· Ability to work hours that necessitate demand in 24 hour/ 7 day a week production environment.
· Ability to communicate, be informative, and give feedback, keep supervisor informed of unusual operating occurrences and other problems as they arise.
· Ability to function as part of the team, with co-workers, supervisor, and other departments.
· Ability to communicate effectively in the English language, comprehends, speak, read, and write in English and have capacity to communicate with individuals for whom English is a second language.
· While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk or hear.
· The employee is frequently required to sit and use hands to finger, handle, or feel objects, tools, or controls.
· The employee is regularly required to stand, walk, and reach with hands and arms.
· The employee must frequently lift and/or move up to 10 pounds, and occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds.
· Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and ability to adjust focus.
· Ability to work hours that necessitate demand in 24-hour production environment.
· Requires physical ability to lift a minimum of 50 pounds.
· Must have the strength and endurance, motor skills, and range of motion to effectively manage production workload.
· The employee must climb stairs and ladders and negotiate catwalks and scaffolding.
· The employee must negotiate narrow accesses between operating machinery.
· The employee occasionally works near moving mechanical parts and in outside weather conditions.
· Employee is occasionally exposed to fumes or airborne particles.
· The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
WAGE: DOE - STATUS: Exempt - Housing, Meals, and Transportation to/from Point of Hire - Full Medical, PTO Plan, and 401(k) benefits upon eligibility.
Apply to Matt Cable, email@example.com, 206-457-9522