Charlie’s Produce - Who We Are
Charlie's Produce is a privately owned wholesale produce company. We are the largest privately owned produce wholesaler on the West Coast, with distribution centers in Seattle, Spokane, Portland, Anchorage, Boise, and Los Angeles. The secret to our 40 years of success in this industry is PEOPLE! We strive to hire the best and we reward them with a working environment that fosters loyalty, stability, innovation, and growth.
Rogge is the grocery division of Charlie’s Produce, which has been provisioning companies and vessels throughout Alaska for over seventy years. Rogge has built a reputation for providing outstanding customer service and has developed unparalleled expertise in product selection and handling for remote markets.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
• Determine adequate personnel needs and staff as appropriate.
• Effectively train personnel and establish performance goals of subordinates.
• Maintain regular communications with sales buying, warehouse and transportation staff to insure operations are functioning satisfactorily.
• Implement necessary warehouse policy and procedures to effectively control operations.
• Review and inspect plant, equipment and documentation, to insure they are all in compliance with Federal/Local Government Regulations and are in compliance with independent inspection guidelines.
• Review and inspect plant and equipment, to insure periodic maintenance is provided and authorize repairs and services.
• Develop and review Division reports profit and loss statement to determine efficiency levels.
• Initiate capital expenditure request.
• Supervise warehouse and transportation operations.
• Manage the loss prevention function relating to plant property and personnel.
• Maintain and achieve operations performance objectives.
• Conduct staff/employee meetings to monitor all aspects of warehousing and transportation operations.
Desired Minimum Qualifications:
• At least 5 years of experience at an Operations Manager level or higher
• Thorough knowledge of produce commodities.
• Demonstrated excellent interpersonal human relations and teaming skills.
• Flexible and able to deal with a variety of details simultaneously.
• Proven problem-solving skills.
• Intermediate PC skills, Microsoft office.
• Experience and expertise in all areas of warehousing and supply chain logistics.
• Experience and expertise in transportation management.
• Must have an excellent work record with references from current and/or previous employers.
• Prefer a college degree or minimum high school.
Charlie’s Produce Total Compensation Package includes:
• Competitive starting pay
• 90 day reviw with potential performance-based raise
• Yearly review with possibility of increase based on performance and tenure
• We recognize and reward hard work and commitment. Supplemental retirement plan through our Employee Stock Ownership Plan (ESOP)
• Robust employee assistance program (EAP)
• Employer-covered College Program
• Coverage under State Sick Leave
• 401(k) available
This employer participates in E-Verify and will provide the Social Security Administration and if necessary the Department of Homeland Security with information from each new employee's Form I-9 to confirm work authorization.
Charlie's Produce is an Equal Opportunity Employer