Marine Stewardship Council
Job Title: Fisheries Data Support, US
Location: Seattle, WA.
We’re looking for someone to fill a Fisheries Data Support role in the US. Reporting to the Senior Fisheries Manager, USA, this is a 2-year contract and the successful candidate will work closely with the US Fisheries team assisting with the delivery of program credibility, effectiveness and the MSC mission. In addition, the Fisheries Data Support representative will work with commercial and marketing-communications teams in the US and global MSC offices to help deliver value to US fisheries and partners engaged with the MSC program. The post holder will contribute to the objectives of the U.S. Fisheries team.
Who are you?
• Be degree educated in fisheries or marine conservation biology, natural resources or environmental management
• Preferably have prior knowledge or experience of third-party certification programs
• Have excellent organisational and work planning skills
• Be a strong communicator and collaborator.
Who are we?
The MSC’s vision is for the world’s oceans to be teeming with life, and seafood supplies safeguarded for this and future generations. Through our world-leading certification and ecolabeling programme we recognise and reward sustainable fisheries and through the leadership of our partners, create market incentives to encourage other fisheries to improve the way they operate. Over 300 fisheries around the world, representing 12 % of the annual global marine catch, are now engaged in the MSC programme. MSC certified and labelled seafood products are now available in over 100 countries.
If interested, please email the following information to: USfisheries@msc.org
• A cover letter outlining how your skills, experience and knowledge directly address the responsibilities and requirements outlined in the job specification, and include information on your salary expectations; and
• A copy of your current CV.
Please ensure they are sent as Word or PDF documents with the titles “your name cover letter” and “your name CV”. The subject of your emails should read: Fisheries Data Support.
Applications must be received by Friday, November 9, 2018 by 5pm PST. Anticipated work start date is December 3, 2018.
For the full Job Description visit our website at https://www.msc.org/about-the-msc/working-at-the-msc