Come to work for a great Company that is growing and has opportunity for a lifetime career! OBI Seafoods, a newly formed Company of two strong well-known seafood companies has over 150 years of experience in the industry. We take food safety very seriously! We need to expand our food safety team and need your expertise to help us continue with our stringent practices.
OBI Seafoods is looking for Corporate FS-QA, Support Manager for our Alaska Region . The primary responsibility of this position is to oversee food safety, quality, regulatory, and GFSI (BRC) programs for multiple OBI Alaska Plants, and for supervision of corresponding Alaska site-specific QC Managers, as assigned by the Regional QA Managers and/or the VP Food Safety/QA.
You will also provide support to other compliance programs at the direction of direct supervisor and/or the VP Food Safety/QA. This position requires significant travel and time in Alaska (4-6 months) to our OBI Alaska manufacturing facilities. The position may also require intermittent travel to year-round OBI operations during non-summer months. This role will require you to provide essential on-site training to a facility QC Manager as needed and may require servicing as the QC Manager to an OBI facility, if needed.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS OF THE JOB:
1. Oversee the development and implementation of all required food safety and quality programs for the AK plants (including but not limited to; HACCP, Eight Points of Sanitation, Salmon Control Plan and Container Integrity program, FDA and State of Alaska food safety regulations, applicable third party certification standards, customer specifications, etc.)
2. Recruit, train, mentor, supervise, and provide full support to all plant AK QC Managers. Ensure that staff is prepared to manage and implement the plant’s food safety, QA, and BRC programs.
3. Provide regulatory and third-party audit support to each facility in order to ensure successful audit results and completion of all associated corrective actions.
4. Carry out periodic internal audits of all AK facilities while in operation and assist each location with corrective action development/implementation as needed.
5. Assist Regional QA Managers-Alaska Region and Corp. Technical Services Manager with routine reviews (at least annually) of all QA & Food Safety written programs. Revise and update such programs/policies/procedures, as necessary.
6. As directed by Regional QA Managers and/or VP Food Safety, QA & Regulatory Affairs:
• Assist with maintenance of other regulatory programs such as, but not limited to, environmental compliance, food security program, and sustainability program (MSC and FAO RFM).
• Assist Corporate Technical Services Manager with customer requests, label review, and other reporting functions.
• Assist with customer/consumer complaint responses.
• Provide QA support to canned warehouse labeling operation at KWL; ensuring that the Container Integrity Program (CIP) is carried out in accordance with the Salmon Control Plan.
• Conduct/supervise special technical and/or production-related projects that may be needed at various facilities
This is a full-time position with great benefits that include:
o Health plan with medical, dental, vision, and life insurance
o 401(k) plan with generous contributions from the Company
o Paid time off (PTO)
o Paid Holidays
o Company cell phone and laptop
o Opportunity to purchase seafood at a great price
This position is year-round. During the off-season, work is based at our Corporate office in Seattle. The work week during this time is M-F, 8am-5pm or 7am-4pm. During the season, travel is required to Alaska production facilities working up to 16-hours per day, 7-days a week which runs from approximately May through September.
• Must have a Food Science Degree or equivalent industry experience.
• Minimum of five (5) years of experience in seafood HACCP & quality control experience; thermal processing and canning background, and implementation of GFSI (BRC) programs/policies/procedures is required.
• Knowledge and experience with canned food requirements, specific to the US Federal 21 CFR 117(GMP’s); CFR 113 (canning); CFR 123 (HACCP); the Salmon Control Plan; State of Alaska’s Fishery Regulations; USDC’s HACCP/QMP/Export Requirements; USDA’s Commodity Purchase Programs (both domestic & export); and the EU’s 493 Fishery Directive and the UK’s Thermal Processing Recommendations.
• Training required:
o Better Process Control (FDA) School; Thermal Process Development Workshop
o HACCP certification, including USDC’s HACCP/QMP; FDA HACCP & Sanitation Trainer, certified; NEHA Food Safety Trainer, certified; UK’s BRC’s Global Food Standard Program.
o Seafood Microbiology; USDA’s Supplier’s Workshop; Food Security Compliance Workshop; Food Defense Coordinator Certification.
o Environmental Certification, including: Waste & Storm water, Community Emergency Planning, Hazardous Waste, and Air Emissions.
We invite you to apply for this position. We are a fantastic Company to work for with a great reputation from both companies involved in the merge!
Our Food safety department is well managed! You will enjoy the support not only from the food safety manager team, but the support of the senior managers that make our company successful!
To apply, email Krista Hall - email@example.com or apply on our OBI website: https://recruiting2.ultipro.com/OCE1000OBS/JobBoard/4d18dac8-ebfc-4913-ac21-f95d3af7825e/Opportunity/OpportunityDetail?opportunityId=2001020b-880f-4430-9ca1-a4bffec08cd5