Position: Commercial and Fisheries Manager, Canada West
The Marine Stewardship Council is seeking candidates for a new position, Commercial and Fisheries Manager, Canada West to become part of the MSC Canada team.
The Commercial and Fisheries Manager will be the primary representative for the MSC in British Columbia and western Canada. S/he will help to maintain and increase the support for the program across a broad range of sectors including: fisheries, conservation organizations, governments, processors, wholesale distributors, exporters/importers, retailers, and foodservice operators including the restaurant sector.
Work will include developing background research and analysis, understanding fisheries and commercial seafood sectors, building relationships and support for use of the MSC program throughout the fishery, supply chain and consumer facing sectors, representation of the MSC program in all manners possible, and coordination with MSC offices and staff in Canada and around the globe. The position promotes the MSC concept and certification program to potential partners, seeks leverage to encourage fishery, conservation, supply chain and consumer facing companies and organizations to engage with the program. The position also supports all partners as needed in all facets of their fishery related and commercial engagement in the MSC program.
Minimum qualifications include
- Five to ten or more years of experience working within the fishery, conservation, or commercial seafood sector.
- Relevant post-secondary degree or equivalent – a fishery/marine, commerce or international development qualification is an advantage.
- Strong and effective communications skills including: interpersonal, group, presentation, writing, email, telephone, internet, and social media. Proven ability to work with diverse stakeholders, commercial and interest groups is an advantage.
- Knowledge of third party certification and ecolabeling schemes is an advantage.
- Good computer and IT skills, including the use of standard MS software packages (Outlook, Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Share Point, CRM).
- Ability to travel on a regular basis, to work irregular hours, and to work effectively while traveling. Must have a valid passport and be able to travel internationally.
For the full Job Description and Organizational Chart visit our website at: www.msc.org. Preferred location is Vancouver/Victoria area.
To apply, please send a letter outlining your experience and qualifications and resume/CV to:
Jay Lugar, Program Director, MSC Canada
2487 Boor Street West, Suite 7
Toronto, ON M6S 1R5
Applications must be received by July 21, 2017. Only applicants selected for interviews will be contacted. Anticipated work start date is September, 2017.