Benefits Specialist – Bellevue, WA
Administers, maintain and implements employee benefit programs for the organization. This position will monitor benefits administration and provide analytical in health insurance.
* Administers and distributes information on employee benefit programs including 401(k) plan.
* Prepares and communicates information to employees about benefit programs, procedures, changes, and government-mandated disclosures.
* Provides services to employees to answer their benefits questions, orient newly eligible employees, and process enrollment forms, and changes.
* Maintains and updates employee benefits data in automated Human Resources/Payroll information systems.
* Coordinates transfer of data to external vendors, plan providers, and consultants.
* Prepares and submits government-mandated reports.
* Audits benefit plans for compliance with government regulations.
* Reconciles payments with plan administrators.
* Produces reports of benefit enrollment, benefit deductions, and plan participation.
* Stay current on changing Federal and State regulations and legislation that may affect employee benefits.
* Complies with the provisions of ACA, COBRA, HIPAA, and ERISA and supervised filing of reports with state and federal agencies.
* Provides support for the annual open enrollment and for employee information presentations.
* Processes quarterly 401(k) enrollment.
* Maintain benefit records, managing new-hire benefits, records any changes.
* Records, evaluates and tracks Qualified Medical Child Support Orders.
* Supports and partners with other HR/Payroll team members to ensure high quality of customer service.
* Performs other related duties, as assigned.
* Coordinates and helps with WC cases
Qualifications and Education Requirements
• Human Resources with a minimum of 3 years of experience in administering benefits programs.
• Thorough understanding of ACA, COBRA, HIPAA, ERISA, and IRS rules on pertinent benefit programs.
• Must be able to maintain confidentiality, multi-task, prioritize and be thorough and accurate in all duties, communication and documentation.
• Must be reliable, accurate, a self-starter, and capable of following instructions
• Excellent management and analytical skills.
• Microsoft Office and Excel experience required.
Westward Seafoods is an equal opportunity employer. We consider applicants for all positions without regard to race, religion, creed, national origin, age, disability, marital or veteran status, or any other basis prohibited by applicable law. Please let us know if you need a reasonable accommodation during the hiring process.