TRAFFIC COORDINATOR – COASTAL TRANSPORTATION
Description of the General Operation
Coastal Transportation is a family owned and locally operated shipping company. CTI operates several ocean-going freighters carrying cargo between Seattle and Western Alaska. Freight is received at our Seattle terminal and loaded onto the freighters for delivery to Alaska. Similarly, cargo coming down from Alaska is unloaded at the Seattle terminal and distributed via truck and train all over the U.S.. We understand the value in capably serving the communities of Western Alaska through fast, efficient and reliable cargo transportation and have been doing this for over 30 years.
The position is for a full time Traffic (Logistics) Coordinator who enjoys being part of a team and has the desire to learn and grow.
Essential Job Function/Duties
• Coordinate customer cargo bookings to/from Seattle and Alaska and between Alaskan ports
• Endure that bookings are executed according to the customer’s instructions
• Identify, track and execute sales opportunities including creating and sending estimates
• Resolve various customer service issues as necessary and direct to manager when needed
• Effectively communicate with Terminal operations to ensure freight ships and delivers per customer’s instructions
• Flexibility to change and the ability to multi-task in a fast paced environment
• Solve problems as they arise; lost or damaged product, disgruntled customers/vendors, late deliveries, etc.
• Support vessel operations in Alaska via logistical support from Seattle
• Create and review billing information in a timely, complete, and accurate manner
• Must comply with Coastal’s Safety program
• Additional duties as needed or required
• 4 (Four) year degree or the equivalent of 2 (two) years of job experience
• Experience in the Marine/Transportation Industry desired but not required
• Ability to plan, prioritize and complete assignments within scheduled deadlines
• Be a team player with a professional, positive and proactive attitude
• Excellent customer service both verbal and written, interpersonal skills and the ability to work with multiple departments and all levels of management
• Self-starter who is motivated can work independently, accurately and identify problems and solutions
• Excellent organizational, time management skills with the ability to multi-task with outstanding attention to detail
• Ability to propose updates on processes and/or procedures to be more efficient
• Experience with MS Office (Word, Excel)
• Knowledge of Microsoft NAV or any other ERP is a plus
PAY – Starts at $18-$20/hour depending on experience
As a condition of employment applicants that are offered a position will be required to successfully pass our pre-employment criminal background check and obtain a negative drug screen result prior to hire.
Interested applicants can email a resume and cover letter to email@example.com