To service customers by thoroughly understanding and providing accurate product and pricing information, as well as writing orders and following up on delivery. Responsible for growing and building sales with both new and existing accounts.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
Duties include but not limited to:
• Be a role model in projecting and applying ISA policy and promote teamwork at all times.
• Develop new customers through personal sales calls.
• Generate own leads, as well as excellent follow-up on existing company accounts.
• Initiate and control sales processes with customers.
• Provide guidance, assistance and service to customers.
• Sell products at maximum profit margin with consideration given to current market pressures and sound understanding of competitors' position.
• Negotiate contracts applying established company pricing standards.
• Create, maintain and execute a successful territory sales plan.
• Prepare quotes and complex bid responses.
• Attend and actively participate in all sales meetings.
• Communicate and support administrative personnel in keeping customers within credit terms.
• Understand and positively communicate all company policies and procedures.
• Monitor sales volumes, distribution margins and related measurements.
• Report variances with corrective actions to the President.
• Utilize order and pricing guides.
• Perform other duties, as assigned.
The requirements listed below are representative of the qualifications necessary to successfully perform the job.
Education and Experience
• Four-year bachelor’s degree preferred.
• Three years of experience in international and domestic seafood sales.
Certificates, Licenses, Registrations or Other Requirements
• Valid driver’s license.
Other Knowledge, Skills or Abilities Required
• Must be able to travel up to 25% of the time.
• Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals.
• Ability to write routine reports and correspondence.
• Ability to speak effectively before groups of customers or employees of organization.
• Ability to add, subtracts, multiply, and divides in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals.
• Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out instructions furnished in written, oral, or diagram form.
• Ability to deal with problems involving several concrete variables in standardized situations.
• Knowledge of Word and Excel.
At ISA, your base wage is only a portion of your overall compensation package. Add in the additional benefits below to our competitive base wage you can increase your total compensation package.
• Health insurance benefits options, including medical, prescription, vision, dental, basic group life and short-term disability.
• 401(k) Retirement Plan options with generous annual company match.
• Paid time off for all full-time employees, to include paid sick, vacation and personal time, 6 paid holidays.
• Product purchase program
International Seafoods of Alaska, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
*Please forward your resume and contact information for consideration to:
Vallery Holmes, Director of Administration @ email@example.com