Powerhouse Supervisor – Dutch Harbor, AK Westward Seafoods Inc.
ROLE AND RESPONSIBILITIES
This position is primarily responsible to help ensure proper operation, maintenance, and repair of all systems in the Powerhouse providing uninterrupted supply of power to WSI’s plant and housing areas. The Powerhouse Supervisor is responsible for directing a staff of Powerhouse Technicians, coordinating and implementing the operational and maintenance activities of this team including corrective maintenance (CM), preventative maintenance (PM) and predictive maintenance (PdM) for various production equipment. The keys to success in this position are to utilize technical and leadership skills, and advanced maintenance systems and techniques to direct the safe and efficient operation of all production and ancillary equipment while developing all direct reports. Additional tasks/responsibilities include: Key member of overall facility Maintenance organization. Ensures all powerhouse maintenance related projects and work are in compliance with standards set by ADEC, AKOSH, HAACP and any additional governing agencies by which we manage our business while adhering to and positively supporting company policies. Additionally, ensure facility and support equipment is maintained at a high level of operational performance where all equipment, machinery and systems are in an "up and running" state at all times. Also, schedule and direct the daily activities of production maintenance staff to ensure completion of assigned, planned and unplanned work. In addition, will work cooperatively with the Engineering Planning to develop and execute maintenance plans, adheres to maintenance budget related to the assigned areas.
Specific duties include:
- Proper operation, maintenance and troubleshooting of five units of KV switch gears, three 2.2 M.W. Wartsilla generators (4160 Volt with distribution system), two 700 horsepower 150psi Cleaver Brooks steam boilers, four centrifuges, five Air Compressors, and seven Deep Well Pumps.
- Monitor, track, and notify of inventory of spare parts.
- Aid in execution of special projects.
- Timely and accurate maintenance of Powerhouse log records.
- Other duties as assigned.
Computer Skills: Basic personal computer skills including Microsoft Excel, Word, Project and Power Point.
Communication Skills: Requires ability to function with mid-level direction and communicate broadly within facility location. Requires good written and oral communication skills, organizational skills, ability to work independently, and must be results oriented. Works cooperatively with the Management and internal customers to develop "best practices" for maintenance activities. Provide formal and informal support and coaching to direct reports as needed to improve performance and/or generate opportunities for further growth and development. Possess strong leadership skills marked by ability to articulate ideas, delegate appropriately, and drive accountability. Communicates across shifts.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- The employee is regularly required to see, talk, and hear.
- The employee is regularly required to stand, walk, and reach with hands and arms.
- The employee must frequently lift and/or move up to 60 pounds.
- Employee is exposed to fumes, water spray and airborne particles.
- The employee works in close proximity to moving mechanical parts, machines and equipment.
- The noise level in the work environment of the plant requires hearing protection and/or other personal safety equipment, including eye protection.
QUALIFICATIONS AND EDUCATION REQUIREMENTS
- Must have 5 years of experience in related field of work.
- Knowledge of generators, steam boilers, air compressors, centrifuges, glycol heating systems, and electrical distribution.
- Ability to recognize, report, and correct safety hazards for self and others.
- Ability to create and maintain a safe work environment in accordance with WSI’s safety procedures and policies.
- Great organizational and communication skills.
- Pleasant and professional manner in dealing with co-workers and supervisors.
- Ability to work well in a team environment.
- Ability to understand, speak, read, and write the English Language.
- Position requires ability to make decisions effecting operational performance. Must have ability to handle high information load. Requires review and analysis of technical information including drawings, equipment manuals, etc. Must be flexible with working hours and available for overtime when needed. Weekend work will be expected
Westward Seafoods is an equal opportunity employer. We consider applicants for all position without regard to race, religion, creed, national origin, age, disability, martial or veteran status, or any other basis prohibited by applicable law. Please let us know if you need reasonable accommodation during the hiring process.