Maintenance Engineer – Dutch Harbor, AK Westward Seafoods Inc.
The primary responsibility of this position is the daily operation of the maintenance department. Overall responsibility for all plant maintenance, including production equipment in Seafood, Surimi and Fishmeal.
Specific duties include:
- Identify needs of department personnel for training and development
- Design and maintain preventative maintenance programs
- Perform modifications and drive improvements to equipment and processes as they relate to plant maintenance
- Work closely with Inventory to keep appropriate quantities of parts on hand
- Perform performance evaluations, implement corrective action if required and lead a team of people to manage the plant maintenance requirements
- Ensure department personnel have skills and qualities required of the business
- Support management initiatives in advancing lean process in the maintenance function
- Ensure Compliance with Safety, OSHA and other regulations as required
- Cross train as much as possible
- Resolve situations within 24 hours or advise customer why not and when to expect closure
- Ensure a partnership with Parts – parts in stock vs what should be ordered
- Be timely and accurate when requesting parts etc.
- Professionally interact with colleagues and co-workers
- Comply with all company policies and applicable laws
- Other duties as assigned
This Position reports directly to the Project Engineer.
Wage: DOE - Status: Exempt Regular
- Air Transportation to/from point of hire
- Meals and Housing provided.
- 401(k) eligible after 90 days
- Medical, Dental and Vision Benefits.
- Travel Benefit Mai
- Paid Time Off (PTO) accrual
- WSI has a zero tolerance policy for drugs and alcohol.
- A Background check is performed on all new hires and re-hires.
- Must pass a pre-employment drug screen.
- First ninety (90) days of employment is considered Probationary.
- Must be proficient in the ability to understand, speak, write and read the English language.
- Must be able to identify, correct and report Safety Hazards.
- Must be able to reside and work in a Multi-Cultural Environment being able to get along with people from many various backgrounds.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk or hear.
- Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and ability to adjust focus.
- The employee is regularly required to stand, walk, and reach with hands and arms.
- The employee may frequently lift and/or move up to 50 pounds.
- The employee works in close proximity to moving mechanical parts, machines and equipment.
- The noise level in the work environment of the plant requires hearing protection and/or other personal safety
QUALIFICATIONS AND EDUCATION REQUIREMENTS
- Include 5+ years in a multi disciplined environment, including mechanical, fabricating, structural, and project management. The successful applicant must be able to perform all engineering mathematical functions, be proficient in word and excel. Working knowledge of MP2 data base.
Westward Seafoods is an equal opportunity employer. We consider applicants for all position without regard to race, religion, creed, national origin, age, disability, martial or veteran status, or any other basis prohibited by applicable law. Please let us know if you need reasonable accommodation during the hiring process.