Come work in a dynamic, fast-paced environment. Trident Seafoods Corporation is the largest privately held seafood company in North America. Founded in 1973, Trident is a vertically integrated harvester, processor and marketer of seafood from Alaska, the Pacific Northwest, and around the world. Trident owns and operates offshore processing vessels and shore-side plants throughout Alaska, the Pacific Northwest, and Minnesota.
Trident currently has an opening for an experienced Plant HR Manager responsible for planning and administering policies relating to all phases of human resources activity. The position supports our Shoreplants in Alaska, primarily based in Akutan, AK. The position’s key responsibilities include:
• Advises management in appropriate resolution of employee relations issues.
• Identifies legal requirements and government reporting regulations affecting human resources functions and ensures policies, procedures, and reporting are in compliance.
• Responds to inquiries regarding policies, procedures, and programs.
• Coordinates and conducts management training in interviewing, hiring, terminations, promotions, performance review, safety, and sexual harassment.
• Represents organization at personnel-related hearings and investigations.
• Plans and conducts new employee orientation to foster positive attitude toward company goals.
• Keeps records of personnel transactions such as hires, promotions, transfers, performance reviews, and terminations, and employee statistics for government reporting.
• Administers performance review program to ensure effectiveness, compliance, and equity within organization.
• Investigates accidents and prepares reports for insurance carrier.
• Prepares employee separation notices and related documentation, and conducts exit interviews to determine reasons behind separations.
• Contracts with outside suppliers to provide employee services, such as canteen, transportation, or relocation service.
• Participates in weekly Safety Meetings.
Candidates must be energetic, business savvy, organized, charismatic, and possess a high level of integrity, strong communications skills, and multi-tasking abilities.
• Four year college or university program certificate; or two to four years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
• PHR or SPHR preferred, or SHRM-CP
Trident Seafoods is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to status as a protected veteran or a qualified individual with a disability, or other protected status such as race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, national origin or age.
Please note that this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties, or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
To Apply Visit:
Trident Seafoods is an Equal Opportunity Employer – Affirmative Action: Minority, Female, Disability, Veteran