General Manager – Seafood Processing Plant
We are seeking a General Manager to provide strong leadership to a growing seafood processing operation located near the Oregon coast. The key Fishpeople position directs the day-to-day operations at Fishpeople’s Toledo, Oregon seafood processing facility. The GM is responsible for Safety, Quality, Production, Sanitation, Shipping, Receiving, and Maintenance, as well as recruiting, motivating and retaining a processing team on multiple shifts. You’ll bring your experience in all aspects of plant management, including the budget, regulatory and certification compliance, scheduling, GMPs, SOPs, and SSOPs.
This position reports to the Director of Operations and is the senior manager onsite.
WHAT YOU WILL BE DOING
- Design and implement strategies to achieve throughput, recovery and standard labor cost targets for all product lines while ensuring delivery of product that meets Fishpeople quality standards.
- Build an effective team, by implementing recruitment and development strategies designed to train and motivate employees.
- Plan and direct work; evaluate performance; reward and discipline as appropriate to build a strong and productive team.
- Work with senior leaders and colleagues in the corporate office to ensure all service, cost, quality and safety targets for plant products are achieved.
- Forecast and manage overhead (non labor operating expenses) and capital budget.
- Ensure all quality, safety and inventory SOPs are followed.
- Identify, recommend and then implement production process improvements to enhance productivity and reduce manufacturing costs via efficient use of resources.
- Ensure compliance with ODA, FDA, and other regulatory product safety requirements.
- Maintain systems to assure facility meets all BRC food safety system requirements.
- Achieve optimum staffing levels that balance budget/expense with productivity goals.
- Maintain continuous focus on safety by addressing both physical safety issues and developing employee safety awareness
WHAT YOU’LL BRING TO THE TABLE
- 10+ years’ plant leadership experience, working in a food processing plant
- Experience in protein processing is required, with seafood processing environment preferred.
- Experience with GFSI Food Safety Systems preferred.
- Ability to establish and maintain productive relationships with employees, managers and the community.
- Strong proven leadership abilities working with hourly processing staff and defined production standards.
- Intermediate knowledge of Microsoft Word, Excel, and Outlook.
- Able to work under pressure, meet deadlines, and be flexible in working on multiple projects simultaneously.
- Excellent time-management skills with the ability manage independently with little day to day supervision
Some travel, some ability to work off shift, and the physical ability to work in a food manufacturing environment.
WHAT WE BRING TO THE TABLE
Fishpeople gives you the opportunity to join a group of passionate and driven professionals at a high growth company building an iconic brand within seafood sector. We are crazy about our consumer and love creating innovative, high quality seafood products that are both environmentally and socially conscious to meet customer needs. We are a B-Corp that supports coastal communities and direct relationships with fisherman. We take the time to make extra effort because we believe you can taste the commitment and integrity in every bite.
We offer competitive salary, a benefit package, paid time off, disability insurance and the opportunity to grow your skills in a fast growing company.
Submit your resume and cover letter to Katie Iverson at firstname.lastname@example.org