Job Summary: Facilitates issuance of sales contracts, movement of cargo and appropriate export documentation while protecting title during export transactions. Responds to questions from sales people and customers during the course of business:
- Issues sales contracts according to department guidelines.
- Commnicates with Alaska plants as wells as local cold storages regarding loading instructions, labeling, and timing requirements.
- Initiates cargo booking and communicates shipment timing to customers..
- Confirms documentation requirements and plans to make necessary documentation deadlines. Work with carrier, USDC, Chamber of Commerce, etc. to produce necessary documents within timeframe.
- Monitor incoming payments to prevent additional expense to the company, related to cold-storage and demurrage.
- Present documents under Letter of Credit and documentary collection as necessary. In cases where full payment is pending during transit, ensure that title is protected until full payment is in hand.
- Complete all order processes required by JDE order system.
- Supports foreign offices and sales people as required with respect to JDE system.
- Participates in coverage for and training of other team members as needed.
- Provides back-up coverage to reception staff as necessary.
Performs other similar or related duties as requested or assigned.
Organizational Core Competencies:
Builds customer confidence by ensuring expectations and commitments are met. Establishes and maintains effective and positive relationship with internal and external customers. Acts with customers in mind, and values the importance of providing high-quality customer service.
Integrity & Trust:
Sets an example by consistently modeling high standards of honesty and integrity. Is widely trusted and is seen as a direct, truthful individual who presents information in an appropriate and helpful manner. Maintains a reputation for honesty, confidentiality, reliability and fairness. Is willing to admit mistakes, and doesn’t misrepresent him/her self for personal gain.
Getting Results ("Can Do" Spirit):
Performs work with energy and drive; values planning, but will take quick, decisive action when an opportunity presents itself.
Creativity & Innovation:
Injects originality into daily work and generates many new and unique ideas. Thinks "outside the box" and is seen as original and value-added in brainstorming ideas. Creates competitive and breakthrough solutions.
Collaborates positively to achieve team and company objectives. Works effectively within a diverse environment. Builds strong relationships with fellow employees, helping to support a contribution to overall company success.
Related experience with international documentation/logistics prefferred.
High School Diploma or GED required, AA degree preferred.
Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals. Ability to write routine reports and correspondence. Ability to speak effectively before groups of customers or employees of organization. Ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals. Ability to compute rate, ratio, and percent and to draw and interpret bar graphs. To perform this job successfully, an individual should have knowledge of email, spreadsheet software, word processing software and presentation software.
This job takes place in a typical office environment. The noise level is usually moderate.
While performing the duties of this Job, the employee is regularly required to sit; use hands to finger, handle, or feel and talk or hear. The employee is occasionally required to stand; walk; reach with hands and arms and stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 10 pounds.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to read, speak, write and understand English, and to use customer service skills. The employee is frequently required to use interpersonal and teamwork skills. The employee is occasionally required to use creativity, independent judgment, discretion, problem analysis, decision making skills.
Trident Seafoods is an Equal Opportunity Employer: Affirmative Action – Minority, Female, Disability, Veteran.