Marine Stewardship Council
Job Title: Communications Manager, U.S.
Location: Washington, D.C.
Working Hours: FT
The Marine Stewardship Council (MSC), a global non-profit organization, is seeking a Communications Manager, U.S. The position is based in our Washington, D.C. office.
The Marine Stewardship Council (MSC) is an international non-profit organization established to address the problem of unsustainable fishing and safeguard seafood supplies for the future.
Our vision is for the world’s oceans to be teeming with life – today, tomorrow and for generations to come. A sustainable seafood market is crucial to making this vision a reality.
We use our blue MSC label and fishery certification program to contribute to the health of the world’s oceans. We want to transform the seafood market by recognizing and rewarding sustainable fishing practices and influencing the choices people make when buying seafood.
We work with fisheries and businesses around the world to achieve this mission.
We are seeking an experienced and dynamic leader to drive MSC’s communications activities in the US, promoting and enhancing U.S. consumer awareness, understanding and engagement in the MSC program through consumer, media and stakeholder (business, NGO and industry) content development.
The role will also support the Senior Public Relations Manager in developing and implementing effective stakeholder briefings/communications, responding to media questions, and developing briefings on issues pertaining to the US region.
If you have a passion for securing a sustainable future for our oceans’ wild fish, and experience in communications, this is the job for you!
• Manage website development, content creation, and brand management
• Oversee editorial calendar development, social media content, and graphic assets
• Manage social community relationships, and reputation management
• Develop tool, resources, and promotional assets for partners, stakeholders, and media outreach
• Manage agency and contractor relationships and manage work plans
Technical skills and experience
• Communications or science bachelor’s degree required; graduate level would be an advantage
• Experience in a similar role, preferably with responsibility for managing and/or operating promotions and marketing campaigns with multiple partners or similar
• Demonstrated writing ability in creating compelling content for multiple audiences
• Understanding of and experience with science communications highly desirable
• Great computer literacy, including high-levels of proficiency in Microsoft Office applications
• Demonstrable experience using a CMS to develop new web content, Google Analytics, social media monitoring and engagement tools such as HootSuite
For the full Job Description and Organizational Chart visit our website at: www.msc.org.
This position will be based in Washington, D.C.
To apply, please send a cover letter and resume to:
MSC Americas Region
5030 1st Avenue South
Seattle, WA 98134
Applications must be received by November 10, 5pm EST. Anticipated work start date is December 2017.