Account Manager-Southwest Region
Location: Seattle, WA
The Company: Marel Seattle, Inc.
Marel is the global leader in advanced processing systems and services for the fish industry. With origins in onboard scales development, Marel has expanded to now include innovative whitefish and salmon solutions. Industry centers in Seattle, USA (onboard and high volume), Gardabaer, Iceland (whitefish), and Stövring, Denmark (salmon) provide the fish industry with the latest processing technology for all stages of the fish product value chain, ranging from single scales to integrated production lines and turnkey systems. Cutting edge equipment and software help fish processors to operate at peak productivity. Marel Fish thrives on imagination, ingenuity, and its strong partnerships within the industry. Marel offers a dynamic work environment, competitive salary and benefits.
Marel is seeking a subject-matter expert for selling our fish processing equipment in the Southwest Region of the United States.
The preferred candidate lives in California or is willing to move to California and has an in-depth knowledge of fish processing as well as the USA fish industry and its main players.
Marel is looking for someone who possesses the ability to sell innovative food processing equipment, develop the business and manage clients through the sales, service and account management lifecycle.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
• Indentify and qualify new sales opportunities within an assigned sales territory.
• Maintain current customer base, and continually cultivate new customer relations.
• Demonstrate technical selling skills and product knowledge to customers.
• Develop and maintain an annual sales budget for order intake and margin for assigned territory.
• Develop an annual business plan, which details activities for reaching or exceeding the annual sales budget.
• Execute sales by preparing accurate sales proposals, project documents, and presentations.
• Travel as necessary to visit new and existing customers.
• Document and maintain customer accounts, contacts, sales leads, and opportunities within the company’s CRM tool, Salesforce.
• Monthly forecasting of potential order intake and reporting of any deviation from previous monthly forecast numbers.
• Accurately hand over sold projects to project managers and sales support staff.
• Assist accounting and company support staff in project invoicing and payment issues.
• Other sales related duties as assigned.
• Ability to research and understand market territory and customer base.
• Ability to use office applications (Word, Excel, Outlook, SalesForce, etc).
• Excellent time management skills, the ability to prioritize and manage multiple projects.
• Strong interpersonal skills, ability to communicate professionally, persuasively and confidently over phone, e-mail and in face to face appointments.
• Good organizational skills.
Preferred personal characteristics.
• Self-motivated, outgoing, self-starter.
• Results driven.
• Able to follow through on duties and assignments with minimal supervision. Ability to work with customers, vendors, and co-workers in a courteous and tactful manner to resolve problems.
• Ability to concentrate, handle pressure, meet deadlines, and pay attention to detail.
• Excellent verbal and communication skills.
• Organized, with strong planning and time management skills.
• Maintain professional appearance/demeanor.
• Maintain positive attitude under stress.
• Fish Processing/ Seafood industry experience.
• Previous sales experience within the food processing equipment industry preferred.
• Previous experience with managing a sales territory, including business plan development and market area research planning preferred.
• Commit to extensive travel within assigned sales territory.
• Ability to travel outside and inside the country for sales and training purposes as needed.
Marel offers a competitive wage, including excellent healthcare benefits, a 401K plan and other employee benefits.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Position may require prolonged sitting, standing, bending, stooping, twisting, and lifting up to 50 pounds as well as repetitive hand and wrist motion.
Marel USA is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We encourage qualified minority, female, veteran and disabled candidates to apply and be considered for open positions.
Contact information/ The procedure
To apply visit our website at: https://marel.com/corporate/jobs/open-positions/account-manager-southwest-region/37821
For further questions, please contact:
Joel Nava, PHR - HR Manager
Tel.: 206-781-1827 Fax: 206-781-1828
email@example.com | Marel.com
Marel Seattle, Inc. USA